2020 seems to be the year of plant-based eruptions.
In January, more than 300,000 people supported the UK's "Vegetarian 2020" campaign. Many fast food restaurants and supermarkets in the UK have expanded their offerings into a popular plant-based movement. Innova Market Insights also listed "plant-based revolution" as the second trend in 2020; At the same time, Nelson's report shows that on top of last year's sales of plant-based foods of more than US$3.3billion, which is expected to exceed US$5billion by 2020.
The plant base is mainly supported by various plant proteins. What is the situation of vegetable protein market across the world? What are the driving forces behind plant protein development? What are the future application trends of plant protein in 2020? Please follow me to find out.
1. Global market for plant protein
According to Markets and Markets, the global plant protein Markets is expected to be worth US$18.5 billion in 2019, It is expected to grow at a CAgr of 14.0% starting in 2019 and reach US$40.6 billion by 2025. Plant-based protein products are derived from plants such as soybeans, wheat and peas. Plant protein applications include protein drinks, dairy substitutes, meat substitutes, protein bars, nutritional supplements, processed meat, poultry and seafood, baking, food and sports nutrition products. Plant protein applications can enhance the nutritional and functional properties of the product, such as texture, emulsifying properties, solubility, stability and adhesion etc.
The application of plant protein in new food and beverage products has also been increasing in the world. According to Innova's Global New Product Database, which tracks plant protein claims of new food and beverage products worldwide, between 2014 and 2018, the proportion of them continued growing, with the exception of North America, the Middle East and Africa. Despite the decline in North America, the share of new product releases in North America remains one of the world's leading, accounting for 15.4% of total new product releases in 2018. Plant protein claims in Asia were the most significant increase, accounting for 13.4% of all new releases in 2018, an increase of 2.4% from 2014.
2. Market Driving Force of Plant Protein
1）Increased number of new releases
In food and beverage industry, more and more new products will use plant protein as the main highlight of the product. According to innova Market Insights, new food and beverage releases with plant protein claims were tracked globally at a CAgr of + 9 % between 2014 and 2018.
2）Change of consumer eating habits, advocating " clean " diet
Consumers pay more attention to food sources, and plants are what they consider " clean " sources. The trend toward a " clean diet " is largely driven by millennials who prefer healthy, ethical, natural, less processed foods.
On the other hand, consumers' eating habits are gradually changing, they are reducing meats and more prone to vegetation protein. In the uk, the " vegetarian 2020 " campaign was supported by over 300,000 people and many fast-food restaurants and supermarkets in the UK have expanded their offerings to take part in a popular plant-based movement.
3）Large enterprises invest in vegetable protein market
Shandong Kawah Oils
Wonderful Industrial Group
Xinrui Group – Shandong Kawah Oils invetsted USD 45,000,000 in 2016 to establish 4 soy protein isolate production lines with the output of 6000 tons annually based on the 12- year-old soybean oil extracting factory.
China had the largest capacity to process as much as 79 percent of global soy protein isolate, the total capacity is 500000 t/y and the actual producing amount in total is 350000t in 2019.
ADM (US) and DuPont (US) are the two giants in the global market. These companies have made expansion and investment the main strategy for expanding their market in plant protein. In January 2019, ADM expanded its presence in Brazil with the construction of a new soy protein production base in Campo Grande, South Mato Grosso State, Brazil, valued at USD 250,000,000. The company will produce a range of functional protein concentrates and isolates for ADM's current product line.
3. Application Trend of Plant Protein
1）Soy protein is expected to dominate the market in the next 5 years, with the emerging of pea and oat protein as the new trend.
Soy protein is widely used in the food and beverage industry due to the demand for high protein diet and the increasing popularity of soy protein. In a survey of plant protein sources by Aritzon in 1919, soy protein topped the list at US $3.12 billion. According to Innova data, soy protein was the leading ingredient in food and beverage new products announced by plant protein between 2014 and 2018, with 9% of related new products adopted. Soy protein helps lower cholesterol levels, improves metabolism, bone density, and can also reduce the risk of cancer. Soy protein isolate can be used in nutrition bars, meat substitutes, baking products, sports nutrition products and beverages, etc.
Apart from soy, pea protein consumption has increased rapidly in recent years. Global pea protein consumption has doubled from 2015, according to data from food company technical adviser enk Hoogenkamp, to 275000 tons, by 2020. Its consumption will grow 30% to 580000 tons by 2025.
Oat protein is also a kind of great potential plant protein. Oat contents 19% of protein, oat protein is rich in amino acids and essential amino acids, is a high-quality nutritional protein. Oat milk is a newly developed non-dairy vegetable milk. There are many functional similarities between oat milk and milk. Both are creamy and have a smooth texture and consistency. According to Mintel data, the European market in April 2017 to March 2018 listed new products, oat-based drinks and yogurt accounted for 14.8 percent, compared with 9.8 percent a year earlier.
2）Protein ssolate expected to dominate plant protein market in the next 5 years
Protein Isolate contains high Protein content and digestibility. Protein isolates are widely used in protein- and nutrition-related applications such as sports nutrition, protein drinks, and nutritional supplements. In recent years, because of its different functional characteristics, it has been widly used in a variety of beverages and dairy products to cater for athletes, body builders, vegetarians.
3) Sports nutrition, snacks are the application trend
Sports nutrition products and snacks are the trend for future applications. According to Innova Market Insights, the Global New Product Database tracks the launch of a new food and beverage product with plant protein claims, The growth of sports nutrition category is the most obvious, with an average annual compound growth rate of 32% from 2014 to 2018, followed by snack, with an average annual cgr of 14%.
Protein nutrition bar originally belongs to sports nutrition, with the upgrading of consumer awareness, it gradually moved closer to the category of snacks. Today, protein bars are not just for athletes, but also for the average consumer looking for a nutrient bar for breakfast or a daily snack.
The Application of Plant Protein in Protein Nutrition Bar in Recent Years：
BEKIND Nuts bar
PhD Nutrition Bar
64g (per piece) contains 23g vege protein.
Probar Energy Bar
Each Probar contains 1 billion 10 active probiotics and 10g of vege protein.
Dang Nutrition Bar
Each bar has 9-10g of vegetable protein, gluten free.
Blake’s Protein Bar
2020 seems to be the year of plant-based eruptions and the Nutrition Bar is the most popular in snack. Mars launched the BEKIND nut bar, aiming at post-exercise energy supplement and meal replacement scene in Dec., 2019, also trends to Chinese New Year snack gift pack. Can plant protein follow the trend and stack up in nutrition bars? We'll see.
1. Plant-based Protein Market by Type (Isolates, Concentrates, Protein Flour), Application (Protein Beverages, Dairy Alternatives, Meat Alternatives, Protein Bars, Processed Meat, Poultry & Seafood, Bakery Product), Source, and Region - Global Forecast to 2025，Markets and Markets
2. Creation of Plant Protein, Innova Market Insights
3. PLANT-BASED PROTEIN MARKET GLOBAL OUTLOOK & FORECAST 2020−2025，Arizton.
Xinrui Group is a leading soy protein and Wheat protein production base in China. The company will participate in the 25th China International Food Additives and Ingredients Exhibition from August 16 to 18, 2022 in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province. At the exhibition, Xinrui Group will showcase its latest wheat gluten, soy dietary fiber and soy protein isolate products and technologies.
Exhibition pictures over the years
With the strong support of colleagues in the food additives and ingredients industry, FIC has become a world-renowned, Asia's largest, most international and most cohesive food additives and ingredients industry brand exhibition after more than 20 years of cultivation and development. , much favored by colleagues in the industry at home and abroad.
This Exhibition is an important event that will take place in Guangzhou from August 16 to 18, 2022. Xinrui Group will participate in this exhibition and show our latest wheat gluten, Wheat protein, soy dietary fiber and soy protein isolate products and technologies.
Xinrui Group is China's high-quality wheat protein & soy protein production base. With 17 years of agricultural products extraction and sales experiences, we are an integration of multiple and diversified group companies. Its products include vital wheat gluten, wheat starch, soy dietary fiber, soy protein isolate, edible ethanol and so on.
Xinrui Group will exhibit its wide range of wheat protein & soy protein products. These products include include vital wheat gluten, wheat starch, soy dietary fiber, soy protein isolate, edible ethanol and so on. They are used in various foods such as beverage, meat processing, Cooking, Emulsifier, Food Additive, bakery and meat products.
Visitors to the exhibition will have the opportunity to find information about our products and learn about their application in food production. They will also be able to ask questions about our products and services.
Xinrui Group has participated in the China International Food Additives and Ingredients Exhibition for many years now. The exhibition is a great opportunity to network with industry leaders and to showcase our latest products to food additives and ingredients manufacturers.
This year's exhibition will be held from August 16 to 18, 2022 in Area A of the China Import and Export Fair Complex in Guangzhou. We look forward to seeing you there!
The products of vital wheat gluten remained very popular. What is the historical development of vital wheat gluten? What are the functions and uses of wheat gluten?
l What is the development of vital wheat gluten
l What is the advantage of vital wheat gluten
l What is vital wheat gluten used for
The study of cereal protein has a history of 250 years, Beccari first confirmed the existence of wheat protein in 1728. Since then, researchers have never stopped studying wheat protein. Among them, TBOsborne, who is known as the father of plant protein chemistry, has been more influential. He divided wheat proteins into different types according to their solubility in a series of solvents: water soluble. albumin, salt-soluble globulin, alcohol-soluble prolamin, and water- and alcohol-insoluble glutenin.
1. Gluten is a substance obtained after wheat flour is washed with water to remove starch and water-soluble components. In production, it generally refers to water-insoluble protein, which also includes a certain content of lipids (about 10%) and water-insoluble starch. Wheat gluten and bran are often used as feedstuffs as by-products of wheat starch processing.
2. With the in-depth research and the food industry's demand for additives, the value of wheat gluten goes far beyond the wheat starch itself. The research on the deep processing and functional food using gluten as raw material has also attracted more and more attention. Especially after the discovery of wheat protein peptides with various biological activities, such as antioxidant, antihypertensive, and immunity-enhancing activities, the extraction of biologically active small peptides from gluten has become a research hotspot, which is the deep processing of gluten. an important part of research.
wheat gluten flour, also known as active wheat gluten flour and wheat gluten protein, is a natural protein extracted from wheat (flour). It is composed of a variety of amino acids. The protein content is as high as 75% to 85%, and it contains fifteen kinds of amino acids necessary for the human body. , is a nutrient-rich vegetable protein resource. It has viscosity, elasticity, extensibility, film forming and liposuction. wheat gluten is an excellent dough improver, widely used in the production of bread, noodles and instant noodles. It can be used as a water-retaining agent in meat products, and it is also the basic raw material of high-grade aquatic feed. At present, gluten is also used as a high-efficiency green flour gluten enhancer in China. It is used in the production of high-wheat gluten flour and special flour for bread, and the amount of addition is not limited. Gluten is also an effective way to increase the content of vegetable protein in food. method.
If you are looking for a good quality and reasonable price of vital wheat gluten products,Xinrui Group can provide you with the best
Our new factory, which will manufacture wheat gluten 70,000tons, wheat starch 120,000 tons is being constructed. The workshop is being built according to GMP standard, will become the largest wheat industry chain in China, even the World. We always pursue excellent products and professional service; very welcome all customers both from China and abroad visiting our Group, to create magnificent future together!
Thank you very much for your long-term support to our company, we sincerely invite you to attend the Shanghai National Convention and Exhibition Center on June 8-10, 2021
The 24th China International Food Additives and Ingredients Exhibition
The 30th National Food Additive Production and Application Technology Exhibition
Please Visit Us
Booth number: 11D10/11F11
Shandong Kawah Oils Co., Ltd.
With the deepening of people's understanding of healthy food, Soy Protein Isolate is more and more popular. What are some examples of SPI applications in the food industry? What are the advantages of Soy Protein Isolate?
l What is Soy Protein Isolate?
l Application of Soy Protein Isolate in Meat Products
l Application of Soy Protein Isolate in Baked Food
Soybean protein isolate is a full-value protein food additive produced from low-temperature desolubilized soybean meal.Soy Protein Isolate is an important vegetable protein product, which is rich in nutrients and does not contain cholesterol. One of the varieties of protein, it has been widely used in food and other industries, and its protein content is as high as 90%. The digestibility and utilization rate can reach 93% to 97%. Soybean protein isolate contains 8 kinds of essential amino acids and some amino acids exceed the standard recommended by F A O /WHO. It is mainly composed of 11S and 7S globulin, and the protein composition is essential Eight kinds of amino acids are relatively balanced, especially lysine content is the highest.
At the same time, SPI also contains a lot of essential fatty acids, phospholipids, and minerals such as calcium and phosphorus that are beneficial to human health, and does not contain cholesterol. Its efficacy ratio is higher than that of meat. When mixed with other foods, it can significantly improve the nutritional value of the original food.
1. Minced meat products belong to the general public meat products, and the use of Soy Protein Isolate is small. For minced meat products such as meat patties, minced meatballs, dumplings and steamed buns, they are usually processed by roasting, frying, steaming and boiling. The processing temperature is high. It has good oil absorption properties.
2. Soy Protein Isolate can be used as an additive to improve product texture (reduce free fat). It can not only produce meat-like taste, but also enhance water holding capacity, reduce pie cooking shrinkage, improve yield, and reduce costs. At the same time, it can improve the nutritional value of the product.
When producing bread, adding no more than 5% Soy Protein Isolate can increase the volume of bread, improve the color of the skin, and have obvious effects on the sensory quality and nutritional value of bread (for example, it can make bread products The protein content increases, the volume increases, the texture is soft, the flavor is good, and the nutritional supplementation effect is obvious), and the shelf life of the product can also be extended; but if the amount of Soybean protein isolate added is too large (8%-12%), it will affect The tissue state and sensory quality of the bread will reduce the volume of the bread, thicken the skin, deepen the color, and harden the texture, and the effect is not good. Therefore, when using, the amount of Soybean protein isolate should be paid attention to.
If you are looking for a good quality and reasonable price of soybean protein isolate products,Xinrui Group can provide you with the best
hydrolyzed wheat protein is a nutrient that is often added to foods. What is hydrolyzed wheat protein used for? What are the characteristics of hydrolyzed wheat protein?
l What is vital wheat gluten
l What are the characteristics of hydrolyzed wheat protein
l What is hydrolyzed wheat protein used for
What is vital wheat gluten
When the heat dough is kneaded and washed in water, part of its starch granules and bran particles are separated from the dough and become suspended, the other part is dissolved in water, and the remaining part is a lumpy rubber-like substance called gluten. Unlike other proteins, wheat gluten is less sensitive to heat and needs to be heated to about 80°C to gel. This shows that most of the molecules in the gluten are S-S cross-links, that is, the gluten protein is composed of a firm tertiary or quaternary structure. Therefore, if the S-S cross-links of gluten are cut with a reducing agent, its thermal sensitivity is significantly improved.
What are the characteristics of hydrolyzed wheat protein
1. Gliadin has ductility, glutenin has elasticity, and can form a network structure with water, so it has excellent viscoelasticity, extensibility, water absorption, liposuction and emulsification, film forming characteristics and light mellow or slightly grainy flavor. and other unique physical properties.
2. The gliadin molecule in wheat protein is spherical, with a relatively small molecular weight (25,000-100,000), with extensibility, but small elasticity; glutenin molecules are fibrous, with a relatively large molecular weight (above 100,000), with elasticity , but the extension is small. The combined action of these two makes wheat protein a unique viscoelasticity that other plant proteins do not have.
What is hydrolyzed wheat protein used for
1. Some of the polypeptides generated by incomplete hydrolysis of wheat protein have certain physiological activities, such as inhibiting hypertension and improving immunity.
2. wheat protein has a wide range of uses in food, and can be used as food preservation agent, emulsifier, foaming agent, chewing gum base, used in wine, edible artificial casing, cheese, acidic beverage, edible thin film, protein film Processing of food, baked goods, breakfast cereals, pet food and meat products.
3. Utilizing wheat gluten enhances dough strength, retains gas and controls expansion for consistent bread volume. The water absorption and retention properties of wheat gluten improve product yield, keep bread soft, extend shelf life, enhance natural taste, etc., and can produce a variety of high-quality bread products.
4. To produce dried noodles, add 1% to 2% active gluten, because the dough is well formed, the softness is increased, and the gluten strength is increased, so the production is convenient and the touch is improved. It is used to produce boiled noodles, which can improve the yield of boiled noodles, prevent noodles from being too soft or broken, and delay the extension of noodles.
If you are looking for a good quality and reasonable price of hydrolyzed wheat protein,Xinrui Group can provide you with the best
With the development of economy and people's attention to health, food rich in Soybean protein isolate content is more and more popular. Why can SPI be accepted by people? What are the advantages of soy protein isolate?
l What are the advantages of soy protein isolate?
l What is the application of Soybean protein isolate?
l Specific application of soybean protein isolate isolate in food
1. Soybean is a magical species. Although it looks simple, it is rich in nutrients. Its protein content is as high as 38%. It has a complete range of amino acids and contains various amino acids necessary for the human body. It is a complete vegetable protein. In terms of nutritional value, it is equivalent to animal protein. Because of these advantages, people all over the world love soy protein isolate products. soy protein isolate has the properties of significantly lowering blood cholesterol. The US FDA has confirmed that long-term consumption of soy protein isolate can reduce the incidence of coronary heart disease, and this is only one aspect.
2. In addition to protein being an important nutrient in food, its functional properties also play a very important and decisive role in the quality of some foods. As a food additive, soy protein isolate can not only supplement the essential amino acids needed by the human body, but also have good functional properties, such as foaming, emulsifying and gelling properties. Elasticity, oil retention and water retention, improve the storage performance of food.
SPI is soybean protein isolate with a protein content of more than 90%. SPI contains a large amount of elements such as C, H, O, N, S, P, and a small amount of trace elements such as Zn, Mg, Fe, and Cu. It is rich in amino acids, including a large amount of glycine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, lysine and tryptophan, etc., which can provide a variety of amino acids needed by the human body, and is used in meat products, film products, and flour products industries.
SPI can not only be added to meat products as a non-functional additive to replace part of meat products, but also can be used as a functional additive to improve the quality of products, that is, to improve the nutritional content of meat products. Using the water retention and gel properties of soybean protein isolate isolate can improve product texture, improve tissue properties (cut surface, tenderness, taste) and surface morphology, reduce syneresis, and stabilize product yield. The addition of SPI to pasta products can increase the nutritional content of pasta products, improve the elasticity, water absorption and toughness of pasta products, prolong the shelf life of pasta products, and reduce cargo loss. When SPI is used in the production of bread, it can increase the volume of the bread, improve the color of the skin, and have obvious effects on the sensory quality and nutritional value of the bread. The effect is obvious. soybean protein isolate hydrolyzate uses SPI as raw material, and the obtained soybean polypeptide mixture with molecular weight between 180-1000u after hydrolysis has good solubility, reduced beany smell, low allergenicity, more favorable for digestion, and has a selective To promote the proliferation of microorganisms, soybean peptides are added to milk powder because of their promotion of digestion and absorption, low allergenicity, and promotion of the proliferation of probiotics.
If you are looking for a good quality and reasonable price of soybean protein isolate products,Xinrui Group can provide you with the best